Sunday, April 21, 2013

Thing #17 - Delicious

Before joining Delicious, I perused the site; it's easy to use and has a similar background to Facebook...hmmmm.   Honestly, once again I find myself not impressed.  While I understand I would be able to access my bookmarks anywhere instead of just on my computer, I find it just as easy to just type whatever it is I'm looking for into a search engine like Google or Bing.  Many of the same websites will come back, and quite frankly, I don't care what other people say about sites; I will be the judge of whether or not they are useful TO ME.  I saw all the comments on the right side of the page, but again, just because some people find the sites useful doesn't mean I will.  I would rather explore something on my own than go by the comments of strangers.

Personally, I have no interest in sites like this or Pinterest, although I do see some value of using it in the classroom:  teachers and students can share information and it can be useful when writing a research paper.  It's also an easy way go back and quickly access the information one has gathered.  Will I use it in a Special Education math classroom?  Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment