Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Thing #13 - Web-based applications

I found Zoho and Google Docs to be quite similar and both user-friendly.  I don't really prefer one over the other and since I have Microsoft Office on my computer, I doubt I would personally use them.

However, I have been in groups before that prefer to use the online web apps because it's easier than downloading the document from an email, editing it, saving it and then uploading it to an email to send out to your group members.

If everyone has access to it, than anyone in the group can go in and edit it easily.  I see the value in having our students use this when they are working on group projects because not everyone will have Microsoft Office at home; but if they have the internet, they can get to Zoho or Google Docs!

here is one of the documents I created in Zoho:

https://writer.zoho.com/public/bdbd51b85b9d8b8e07304f5e0dd452f3b1010d9fecb8b4ee1fba11c44bbf3cbc9ece6500d2ba5d8a

No comments:

Post a Comment